Official website of Canadian immigration Global
The most Dependable (45+ years experience) Canada Immigration firm with Highest Success.
How to Get a Canada Study Permit
we will dive into how to get a Canada study permit, the requirements and appropriate streams for international students in Canada or applying from their home country.
Steps To Get A Canadian Study Permit Visa
Do you intend to continue your education in Canada after graduating from school there and live and work there afterward? International students studying in Canada can expect to get degrees from famous colleges that are recognized around the world. So get started before the new year by learning more about the application procedure for Canadian universities and the appropriate immigration options you might look into to obtain your Canada study permit. This article will go in-depth on how to obtain a study permit for Canada, the prerequisites, and the proper streams for foreign students studying in Canada or applying from their home country.
Canada Study Permit
International students who wish to complete their studies at Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) in Canada must get a study permit from Canada. To study or engage in any professional, academic, vocational, or other educational activity if they spend more than six months in Canada, foreign nationals who desire to live and work there will need a study permit. Before you apply, they must also ensure they have all the necessary paperwork. However, if your course lasts less than six months in Canada, you can do so on a visitor visa from that country (Tourist Visa).
Who may submit a Canada Study Permit application?
You can apply for a student visa in Canada if you:
- Are students at a DLI.
- Show that you have the resources necessary to cover your family’s return travel costs, your tuition, and your living costs.
- Respect the law, maintain a spotless criminal record, and obtain a police certificate if necessary.
- If necessary, show that your health is good and obtain a checkup.
- Show the police that when your study permit expires, you’ll be leaving Canada.
A port of entry letter of introduction that must be shown to a border official after a student enters Canada to live and work there requires that their student visa be accepted.
Your study permit and an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or temporary resident visa for Canada will then be issued to you. If the official at your port of entry requests a hard copy of any required paperwork, we advise having one.
How to Apply for a Student Visa in Canada
Once you receive an admission letter from your chosen Canadian university, you must apply for a study permit. Below, we provide a concise explanation of the procedures involved in requesting a study permit:
Determine your eligibility.
Make sure you comply with the program requirements as well as the requirements of the DLI to which you applied.
Get a letter of acceptance
Obtain a confirmation of enrollment from a designated learning institution (DLI).
Assemble your papers
assemble all necessary paperwork, including your passport, financial documentation, acceptance documentation, and any other vital documents:
- When you successfully apply to the university or institution of your choice, they will offer you an acceptance letter, which you can use as documentation of your acceptance.
- Proof of Identity – A valid travel document, such as a passport, is required to visit and study in Canada. Anyone traveling with you will need to do the same.
- Proof of Financial Support: You must demonstrate that you have the means, assistance, or support of a third party to pay your tuition and living costs while in Canada.
- A motivational or explanation letter for your desire to study in Canada (letter of explanation.
- a CAQ (certificate d’acceptation du Québec) for students planning to enroll in Quebec.
- a declaration from the guardian of a minor.
- a police record check.
- a diagnostic test.
- results of your language examination. Learn more here about the IELTS exam, which measures your proficiency in English.
- the biometrics you (fingerprints and photos).
- And additional pertinent documents; depending on the nation or region.
Pay your application fees
Based on the official Canadian government website, a study permit costs $150. After that, send in your application. Speak to one of our RCICs for advice on how to proceed, and we will help you with the following:
- Offer suggestions for a DLI that matches your needs, your budget, and your students.
- Assess your eligibility for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and provide advice on appropriate programs (PGWP).
- The student counselors on staff will help you create a motivational letter for your visa.
- Create your student visa portal so you may ask your student adviser questions and upload documents during the study permit application process.
- Increase the likelihood that your application will be approved by someone else applying for your study visa.
- Make sure you have the proper step-by-step instructions the entire time.
An Effective Immigration Program
You should learn more about the Student Direct Stream (SDS) for international students if you’re an international student who wishes to pursue a degree in Canada. Taking a closer look at the SDS below
The Student Direct Stream (SDS)
Students from a select group of South American, Asian, and African nations can apply to Canada quickly.
The processing time for a study permit in Canada for nationals of the following nations may be as few as 20 calendar days. The following nations may submit applications through the Student Direct Stream:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Students from the aforementioned nations can apply to study in Canada quickly thanks to the country’s Student Direct Stream.
What is Canada's Student Direct Stream and How Do I Apply?
Always check to see if you qualify and acquire all necessary paperwork. Assemble the necessary supporting documents, and make sure they are all certified.
Complete the online application process for the Student Direct Stream. The following documentation needs to be in good order:
- Every supporting record.
- A scanner or camera to make digital copies that may be uploaded.
- A legitimate credit card or debit card to pay for your visa application.
Apply online and pay the required fees.
You must pay your visa expenses after properly completing your application. Make sure to pay your biometrics fees at the same time as your visa payments to prevent delays in processing times.
Is IELTS compulsory for the study visa process in Canada?
Yes, it is the answer. To study in Canada, you do not need to take the IELTS exam. The Duolingo English Test and the Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) evaluation are two options that some Canadian schools offer to international students.
What is the best course to study in Canada to get PR?
You are free to choose what you want to learn. However, our immigration specialists can help you find appropriate programs or provide you with advice on the best DLI that will take into account the needs and circumstances of your student. Additionally, our RCICs can help with the Post-Graduation Work Permit application process (PGWP).
Is the student visa for Canada open?
You can apply for a student visa to Canada, but you must follow the COVID-19 travel requirements, which among other things include meeting the vaccination requirements in full.
What is A Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)?
A guaranteed rate of return is offered on an investment known as a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) for a specific time frame. When you first come to Canada, you will be given a set sum, and the remaining money will be given to you over the course of the next year in installments. The financial institution a student chooses must provide a GIC and satisfy the requirements for the Student Direct Stream. The following banks offer GICs that adhere to the rules of the Student Direct Stream, according to the official website of the Canadian government:
- Bank of Beijing Bank of China
- Bank of Montreal
- Bank of Xian Co. Ltd.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- Desjardins Habib Canadian Bank
- HSBC Bank of Canada
- ICICI Bank
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- RBC Royal Bank
- SBI Canada Bank