Official website of Canadian immigration Global
The most Dependable (45+ years experience) Canada Immigration firm with Highest Success.
Immigrating from Colombia to Canada
Canada has over 100 economic-class immigration pathways for Colombia citizens and residents to choose from. However, the best pathway for you (and family) depends on individual circumstances and goals.
Are You Planning To Immigrate To Canada From Colombia?
As of 2022, 150,580 Canadians reported Colombian origin, and 60,555 immigrants from that country were living there. They are Canada’s second-largest Latin American immigrant population after Mexican Canadians. 43,982 immigrants from Colombia entered Canada and were granted permanent residency just between 2006 and 2015. In Canada, Quebec and Ontario have attracted the largest of Colombian immigrants; however, sizeable communities have also increased in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
Process of Immigration
Many Colombians have made the decision to immigrate to Canada in quest of safety and a higher standard of living. Employment and family sponsorship are two of the most common routes to permanent resident status in Canada.
Employment in Canada
Immigrants from Colombia who are qualified workers may opt to do so via Canada’s Express Entry Program. Express Entry, which includes the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Provincial Nominee Programs, is a direct route to permanent residence (PNP). Numerous immigrants have also chosen to immigrate as businesspeople or investors. To discover further about your qualification for any of these programs, talk to an immigration consultant.
Many immigrants decide to settle in Canada in order to be near family members who already live there. You could be able to immigrate via the sponsorship of a relative who is either a Canadian citizen or one of its permanent residents, such as grandparents, parents, children, or spouse. Your candidacy for family-class sponsorship can be determined with the assistance of an immigration lawyer.
Study in Canada
Canada has one of the best universities and colleges in the world. It also offers many visa programs that make it easier for international students to relocate to Canada and start their careers. Your immigration consultant can help you a great deal here.
Immigration Pathways to Canada from Colombia
Express Entry is a Federal Government program that controls and manages the immigration of skilled and trades workers to Canada from different parts of the world. It is responsible for meeting the talent shortage in Canadian industries and companies and providing the Canadian PR Visa to the immigrants in return.
Express Entry manages the applications of the candidates through three Federal government programs:
- Federal Skilled Workers Program
- Federal Trades Workers Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Candidates in the Express Entry pool, via the eligible sub-categories, get selected according to their CRS points in each draw. The Express Entry total CRS is 600 points.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
PNPs are the provincial-level visa programs that are responsible for meeting the talent shortages in their respective provinces. Each Canadian province has its own PNP and a set of sub-categories under it.
The PNPs also have an Express Entry linked pool, which selects eligible candidates from the Express Entry pool and grants them an extra 600 CRS points. In this case, the total CRS adds up to 1200 points.
Each PNP has some skilled worker programs and many other programs according to the suitability of the province in charge.
Every Canadian province except for Quebec has its PNP. Quebec has its own immigration program, independent from the Federal Government’s involvement. It is known as the Quebec Immigration Program.
Atlantic Immigration Program
It is the immigration program that overlooks the 4 Atlantic provinces of Canada-
- New Brunswick,
- Newfoundland and Labrador,
- Nova Scotia, and
- Prince Edward Island
It is responsible for meeting the talent and population needs of these four provinces.
Benefits of Immigrating To Canada from Colombia
- Canada offers the best healthcare to its PRs and Citizens. Most of the healthcare packages are free and the ones that aren’t, have affordable costs as well.
- Secondary education is free for every child.
- There are many renowned universities in the country.
- Canada is full of natural resources. This makes it a spot for huge job opportunities in almost all kinds of industries.
- The neighbourhood in the whole country is really safe. So, you can work peacefully without having to worry about your family’s safety back home.
- It is a multicultural country. So, you won’t have any problem settling in. You will always find someone from your community too, hopefully!
- The lifestyle of Canada is world-famous as being one of the best in the world.
Eligibility for the Canadian Visa Process:
- The candidate should have a minimum of 67 points out of the total 100 eligibility points.
- Their age should be below 47 years to get points in the age category.
- Education shouldn’t be below the secondary level and there should be a proper ECA report to support it.
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 years provides good points and is compulsory for some visa programs.
- IELTS total points bandwidth should be above 7.5.
- Proper and clear health and police certificates.
Resources for Colombians in Canada that are Useful
The Canadian Colombian Professional Association (CCPA) is a non-profit organization that provides opportunities for Hispanic professionals, both existing and recent immigrants, to advance their professions, expand their networks, and maintain connections.
The mission of the non-profit Canadian Latin American Association (CALA) in Ontario is to support cultural identity while acting as a resource for the Latin American population in Canada.